Over 250 rowers and 95 Concept 2 rowing machines descended on Centennial Park on April 8 to raise money for Gigi’s Playhouse – Nashville as part of the 3rd Annual Row for a Reason. Ten athletes from Gigi’s and four Special Olympics athletes helped row in the 1/2 marathon team event. This year’s event raised close to $20,000.
The event started after Derek Robinson posted a message on Facebook looking for people to row a half marathon to compare to the 2013 CrossFit Games event. That year 60 people participated and raised $7,000. In 2016, 180 rowers helped raise $15,000.
Here are the winners:
- Half Marathon (Male Individual): Boomer Holland
- Half Marathon (Female Individual): Samantha Seldon
- Half Marathon (Overall Team): CrossFit Music City Squirrels
- Half Marathon (Female Team): “3 Peaches”
- Full Marathon (Overall Team): Rocket City Rowers from CF Huntsville
- Full Marathon (Female Team): Resting Row Face
Check out our full photo gallery of the event on our Facebook page.