The CrossFit Fittest in Cape Town (FICT) is gearing up for its second year hosting a Sanctional in South Africa. FICT, however, is changing some things up in 2020. From no wildcard invites to new teens and masters divisions, FICT is looking to throw an awesome event in February.
Here is what is in store for the 2020 CrossFit Fittest in Cape Town Sanctional:
- Men’s and Women’s Individual Division, 30 athletes each
- Team Division, 30 Teams
- Teens Division (15-17 years old), 2-day competition with a small field (NEW in 2020)
- Masters Division (40+ years old), 2-day competition with a small field (NEW in 2020)
- FICT20 Community Series, 1-day competition for 50 Box Teams* (NEW in 2020)
- *Top 5 teams will be invited to compete in Team Division
For the 2020 FICT, no wildcard invites will be given. Instead, athletes will be invited based on past performances or qualifying via the online qualifier. The 2020 FICT field will be filled in order of the following:
- 2019 FICT champions (Sean Sweeney, Katrin Davidsdottir & Team Vondelgym)
- Top 10 individual men & women and top 5 teams from the 2019 CrossFit Games
- Top 10 individual men & women in the 2020 CrossFit Open
- Remaining Spots
- Individuals. Top athletes in the FICT Online Qualifier
- Teams. Top teams in the FICT Online Qualifier
2020 FICT Online Qualifier
Similar to last year, the 2020 FICT online qualifier will be three workouts over 10 days. One workout a day will be released beginning November 22, 2019. Athletes will have until December 2 to submit all three workout scores along with video submissions.
CrossFit Fittest in Cape Town Sanctional
After the fields have been set for all divisions, the FICT will take place at the Green Point Athletic Stadium from February 6-9, 2020. Similar to last year, events will not be limited to the Green Point Athletic Stadium and will take place across various places in and around Cape Town, South Africa.
While you are here, The Barbell Spin is dedicated to providing the best coverage of the CrossFit Games day in and day out. We don’t hide behind a paywall as we think the fan should not have to pay to keep up with the sport they love.
We do, however, have expenses to maintain TheBarbellSpin.com and to continue to expand what we can provide to you, our reader. One of our primary sources of income is the Rogue Fitness affiliate links. By clicking on the link below when making a purchase at RogueFitness.com, we receive a small commission. There is no added cost to you.