The 2019 CrossFit Games are just six days away. For those heading to Madison to watch the competition in-person, there are plenty of other things to do outside of watching the Fittest on Earth compete. Here are some of the activities to do inside the Alliant Energy Center:
- Assault Spectator Workout Area. Register to get a class WOD in! Assault Fitness, Zen Planner, SugarWod, CrossFit Roots, Comp Train, Mayhem Athlete, CrossFit Invictus, Power Monkey have all teamed up to provide a great workout experience at the Games.
- FitAid Lounge. What used to be the Beer Garden, spectators can beat the heat and grab a cold drink in the new FitAid Lounge. And don’t miss the action while watching the competition on the massive video board.
- Kids Zone. Located inside the Zevia Pavilion, let the kiddos run wild inside the inflatable obstacle course and create jewelry at the pop-top jewelry station.
- ROMWOD Warrior Course. We’re not sure exactly what this is, but head over to the ROMWOD booth in Partner Row and sign up.
- Porsche Auto-Cross & 911 Pull. Drive a brand new Porsche on the auto-cross course or show off your strength by pulling a Porsche 911.
- Post-Competition Press Conferences. After the conclusion of each day, CrossFit will be hosting a press conference for media (we will be there!) and they are opening it up to spectators as well.
There are also some special things happening throughout the weekend. Make sure you don’t miss out as they aren’t available every day.
- 2:45 in Partner Row. GoRuck Hero WOD. Only 100 athletes can sign up to do a Hero WOD with the community. Plus, there is free beer for all those participating afterwards. Register here before it fills up.
- 5:30 in FitAid Lounge. FitAid One Ton Challenge. Hosted by C.T. Fletcher, watch several athletes complete six lifts in an attempt to total 2,000 pounds, or 1 ton! Wes Kitts, Morghan King, Kenny Leverich and more will be slingin’ around some barbells.
- 12:30 in Partner Row. OutWOD. Participate in a “community-centric, totally extra, and sweat-inducing team WOD.” Register here.
- 5:30 in Partner Row. Ragner Relay. We shared this news with you last week. Grab three friends and do the Ragnar Sunset Relay. Click here to register.
While you are here, The Barbell Spin is dedicated to providing the best coverage of the CrossFit Games day in and day out. We don’t hide behind a paywall as we think the fan should not have to pay to keep up with the sport they love.
We do, however, have expenses to maintain TheBarbellSpin.com and to continue to expand what we can provide to you, our reader. One of our primary sources of income is the Rogue Fitness affiliate links. By clicking on the link below when making a purchase at RogueFitness.com, we receive a small commission. There is no added cost to you.