The 2023 CrossFit Open is just 67 days away, but we now have the equipment you may need, or at least have access to, to compete in the Open, online Quarterfinals or age-group Semifinals.
The list itself is not much of a surprise. The only machine to be potentially programmed is the Concept2 rower. There is not an Assault Bike, Rogue Echo Bike or SkiErg on the list.
So here is what you could need come February 16…
- Barbells: 35 lb (15 kg), 45 lb (20 kg)
- Standard bumper plates, change plates, and collars
- Dumbbells: 70 lb (32.5 kg), 50 lb (22.5 kg), 35 lb (15 kg), and 20 lb (10 kg)
- Kettlebells: 16 kg, 24 kg, and 32 kg
- Medicine balls: 20 lb (9 kg), 14 lb (6 kg), and 10 lb (4 kg)
- Plyo boxes: 20 in, 24 in, and 30 in
- Gymnastics rings
- Jump ropes
- Concept2 rower
- Pull-up bar to perform movements including but not limited to:
- Wall space to perform movements including but not limited to:
- Wall walks
- Handstand push-ups
- Wall ball shots
- Clear floor space (25 ft)
- Climbing ropes (15 ft)*
*Climbing ropes and GHDs will not be required in the CrossFit Open, but may be used in the online Quarterfinals or age-group Semifinals.