Sunday was the perfect Miami weather and perfect for a Day 3 at Wodapalooza.
Here are the final standings for the Elite Individual and Team competitions. Congratulations to Noah Ohlsen, Brooke Wells, Athletigen and Two Grown Ups and The Kid! See you in 2017.
Noah Ohlsen left no doubt that he was going to win wire-to-wire with three top 10 finishes on Sunday. Ohlsen destroyed the men’s field full of CrossFit Games veterans as he topped Garret Fisher who finished in 2nd place by 81 points. Will Moorad finished in 3rd. Jeff Evans, who entered the day in 2nd place, fell to 8th.
- Noah Ohlsen – 688points
- Garret Fisher – 607 points
- Will Moorad – 601 points
- Jacob Anderson – 600 points
- Cole Sager – 599 points
Brooke Wells, proving that she is here to stay, also finished Sunday with three top 10 finishes to distance herself from the pack. Wells, along with CrossFit Games veterans Emily Bridgers and Kari Pearce finished on the podium.
Camille Leblanc-Bazinet also had strong performances on Sunday, but she was too far behind entering the day to reach the podium.
- Brooke Wells – 692 points
- Emily Bridgers – 645 points
- Kari Pearce – 634 points
- Natalie Newhart – 629 points
- Camille Leblanc Bazinet – 623 points
Elite Men Team
In dramatic fashion, Athletigen stole the championship from CrossFit Shrewsbury in the final event. Athletigen, trailing by 23 points going into the final event, took 1st place while CrossFit Shrewsbury came in 8th. With 100 points in the event Athletigen scored just enough points to edge out the team who had lead throughout the entire weekend.
Freedom Men looked like they were going to pull off another Sunday comeback after finishing first in the Bars n Balls workout, but couldn’t muster enough in the final two workouts. Froning and team finished fifth.
1. Athletigen – 639 points (Mitch Barnard, Brent Fikowski, Albert Larouche)
2. CrossFit Shrewsbury – 636 points (Trevor James, Corey Lunney, Anthony Vasquez)
3. Pump Nectar – 620 points (Christian Harris, Marcus Hendren, Graham Holmberg)
T4. B A D Bros – 591 Points (Ben Smith, Alec Smith, Dane Smith)
T4. Freedom Men – 591 Points (Rich Froning, Matt Hewett, James Hobart)
T4. RX Smart Gear 2.0 – 591 points (Nick Urankar, Wes Piatt, Julian Alcaraz)
Elite Women Team
Just like the Men’s Team competition, it came down to the last event. Two Grown Ups and The Kid finished the day strong and squeaked past Team Progenex by 4 points. Team Progenex had led the whole weekend. Both teams never finished worse that 7th in any event. Iron Strong slowly crept up the leaderboard and finished in 5th place.
- Two Grown Ups and The Kid – 710 points (Val Voboril, Regan Huckaby, Maddie Myers)
- Team Progenex – 706 points (Lauren Fisher, Stacie Tovar, Molly Vollmer)
- The Ladies of RX Smart Gear – 690 points (Chyna Cho, Cassidy Lance, Jennifer Smith)
- Central Beasts – 602 points (Melissa Doss, Kristi Eramo, Elyse Kile)
- Iron Strong – 598 points (Lindy Barber, Whitney Gelin, Jaime Gold)
For full standings and other divisions, click here.