For the second year in a row, Team Reebok Classics has blitzed the CrossFit Team Series and taken the top spot. With a different name (last year was Team Reebok East) and a new team member (Paul Tremblay replaced Scott Panchik due to injury), the results were the same.
After a dominating Week 1, where Team Reebok Classics took 1st place twice and were in the top 3 for all events, they followed up with a consistent Week 2 taking 3rd, 4th, 3rd and 5th. They tied for the best Week 2 scores with Built By Bergeron featuring Katrin Davidsdottir and Mathew Fraser.
Heading into the Team Series, there were some questions as to whether Reebok Classics would take a step backwards without CrossFit Games veteran, Scott Panchik, but Paul Tremblay answered those questions resoundingly. This was proven by Tremblay’s 370 pound 7RM Front Squat during Event 7. This was the highest recorded front squat of the Team Series along with Jared Stevens’ 370 pound effort on Driven Nutrition ProMO417. Tremblay also posted a 1:58 Diane time on Event 5, which was 8 seconds faster than HSPU-ninja Josh Bridges.
Following Team Reebok Classics in 2nd place is Rogue Red (Dan Bailey, Graham Holmberg, Camille Leblanc-Bazinet and Annie Thorisdottir). Rogue Red won Event 2 (Clean & Jerk Ladder) and finished no worse than 6th in any event.
Built by Bergeron rounded out the top 3 after a strong Week 2 performance. The team, made up by Katrin Davidsdottir, Mathew Fraser, Michele Letendre and Cole Sager, finished Week 2 with two 2nd place finishes vaulting them to 3rd place overall.
The total purse for the Team Series this year was $151,000 with the top 10 overall in the Open Division taking home prize money. The top team, Team Reebok Classics, will take home $30,000. Here are the top 10 Open Division Teams.
- Team Reebok Classics (Emily Bridgers, Ben Smith, Stacie Tovar, Paul Tremblay)
- Rogue Red (Dan Bailey, Graham Holmberg, Camille Leblanc-Bazinet, Annie Thorisdottir)
- Built by Bergeron (Katrin Davidsdottir, Mathew Fraser, Michele Letendre, Cole Sager)
- Midwest Exercisers (Duke Burk, Madison Freeman, Jack Long, Taylor Williamson)
- Rogue Fitness Black (Margaux Alvarez, Josh Bridges, Samantha Briggs, Rich Froning)
- Progenex Misfits (Jordan Cook, Alexis Johnson, Kari Pearce, Travis Williams)
- Reebok Pump (James Hobart, Kelley Jackson, Austin Malleolo, Jennifer Smith)
- Team Swagith Moondini (Caroline Dardini, Cody Mooney, Alec Smith, Christen Wagner)
- Driven Nutrition ProMO417 (Jordan Chiles, Mallory Lawson, Jared Stevens, Brooke Wells)
- Crossfit Grandview (Kyri-Ann Gold, Andy Ekleberry, Chelsea Rankin, Joey Tortora)